George Brockman, seasoned manager, trainer, coach, and speaker
George is committed to helping professionals and their organizations solve problems that keep them trapped on a performance plateau. George established Radiant Professional Services, LLC (RPS) to be an organization born out of a passion for improving the effectiveness and satisfaction of qualified managers and future managers, and for helping organizations develop and perform at their best.
George has led multi-national teams collaborating with peer managers from other functional areas. He has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to get to a known state and to establish a clear path to success. Above technical skills and business background, he has the ability to execute and work well within the organization.
- George turned a computer hobby from the 1970s into a professional career in 1993. His first step was moving from electronics repair to working with installations and support development for Roche Biomedical Labs.
- In 1998 became Adjunct Instructor at an area college while maintaining full-time application development schedule. In the following +6 years, he developed a love for providing instruction that opened doors for others to succeed and grow. After leaving the college world, George continued teaching as opportunities allowed in project and management skills.
“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” - Aristotle
- In 2002, he started working for a Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). As a statistician for the organization, he worked to find demonstrable measures that identified levels of quality of care and find patterns that lead to improvement. Projects included creating reductions in post-operative infections, improved care after specific heart events (AMI), and quality and availability of medical services for minorities in rural counties. This engagement marked the launch of a commitment to finding solutions to problems outside of the technical world using measures that lead to real progress.
- In 2005, George was back to working in straight development world but was able to turn around 3 product lines for a software house in Birmingham with an international user base including a five (5) state driver’s testing system and business tax-collecting system for two (2) states. In each case, it was through process improvement and managing commitments that won the results needed. First as an individual developer working with a great support team and moved up to IT Director. Successes were built by bringing the sales and support teams closer together in a collaborative effort rather than one of competition and division.
- In 2007, George earned his PMP (Project Management Professional ®) certification marking his move from IT to management
- In 2011, as IT Director, George was returning to Asia for his second trip to finalize installation and implementation of a membership enrollment system for his employer’s international medical rescue services. The US and Hong Kong each had separate, but fully managed data centers that carried privately and securely the data for millions of members. Again the success was less a technical feat, but one of coordinating efforts with sales, member services, and international venture partners.
- In 2014, George started working with the international Self-Management Group ® and became a certified and licensed instructor of the “Managing Effort” ™ program.
The professional career spans over two decades and work in numerous industries as well as public, private and government sectors. Now, as a professional coach and as an organizational consultant, George applies the years of study and practice having run data centers around the world as well as cross-functional teams. Wrapping up real successes and even applying lessons from failures, he is committed to improving work and personal lives by providing coaching at many levels. Whether George is working with individual coaching or working with teams and organizations, he brings practical questions that unlock understanding and answers to common work problems.
Building Blocks of Success
Credentials & Achievements
- Bachelor Science Technology Management
- Certified PMP ®
Radiant Professional Services was born
George recognized work is best when entered into as a mutually beneficial business arrangement involving the worker, the customer, and the business owner. There was no need for this to be a contentious relationship and success follows when the business learns to get the best results possible from the best people on their teams. To this end, George formed RPS to help teams and individuals perform at their highest potential.
“I desire to radiate health, cheerfulness, sincerity, calm courage and good-will.
“ I wish to be simple, honest, natural, frank, clean in mind and clean in body, unaffected—ready to say, ‘I do not know,’ if so it be, to meet all men on an absolute equality—to face any obstacle and meet every difficulty unafraid and unabashed.
“I wish others to live their lives, too, up to their highest, fullest and best. “ - Elbert Hubbard